Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Bumbershoot...It's Gone

Awesome.  What a great f-ing time I had here in Seattle, the windy apple.  They have a good scene out here and it was really cool to be welcomed so readily.  I would encourage the DC scene to act accordingly.  A bunch of guys came in from NY and LA and the Seattle guys welcomed us with open arms.  We got to perform on incredible shows in front of packed houses.  I hope to acquire some video documenting these things.

For the fest itself, it is superbly run.  All the comedy shows were sold out, people could afford to attend them, and the shows themselves were run effectively by people that know comedy.  Our show, Sweet Haven, was a juggernaut of happy.  Everyone had great sets, the running sketch was a home run, and the crowd loved us.  We had people coming up to us into the next day telling us how much fun they had.  It felt great.  Every comic should get the chance to have a great show in front of a packed out theater full of willing people.  It was like a gift.

I was able to get stage time at a club called Mainstage...which is unfortunately going out of business but that's not the point.  The point is, they didn't have to give me 2 sets and they did.  Cool people over there.

I'm off to Vancouver on Thursday to work my favorite club in the world, the Vancouver Yuk Yuk's.  This place is a comedy machine.  I can't wait.

NYC, prepare for my homecoming on Sunday.

NFL starts Thursday.  My Skins are a 5-11 team.  We'll see if they finish that way.

No comments: