Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Bachelor


I haven't watched any Bachelor related programming for some time now. I got into one of them as part of an agreement that allowed my buds and I to watch 30 some hours of football per week, 24, and The Sopranos (still not an ending.) I don't know what seas it was, I do know that the dude was an idiot and picked some yatch from the south. Ohmygoshyallsofuuuuuuuun!


Anyway, It was the one with this chick: http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2006/02/08/1430649.html


Team Canada, my horse. I was heartbroken when she was eliminated. I didn't understand how this could happen. Why?
Since I had no reason to watch any of the following seasons (have their been following seasons? I dunno), I haven't. Well, this one is different.
Now, I will start by telling you that I missed the first episode. Irresponsible on my part. No excuse. Why do I care? I know one of the bachelorettes. She's from DC and went to Wilson High School. She's friends with lots of my friends. It was with great relief that I found out she made it past the first cut. Here is my problem:
I have railed before (and still feel) that this program, and other copies, are awful for more reasons than I can count. Here are some:
-The great glee female viewers take in bashing the girls on the show (run a google search and read a blog if you don't believe me) and the sinister voyeaurism as the chicks are emotionally jerked around.
-The horrendous phenomenon of girls working themselves into a frenzy because they are competing with other girls.
-The fact that if any one of them, on her own, met the guy or someone like him in due course, they wouldn't be talking about 'fairy tales' or talking about 'being in love' after 3 weeks in a transparent attempt to 1-up the other girls on the show.
-Having now filmed a reality show, the absurdly contrived scenes/settings/prompting that takes place is an insult to viewers that no one seems to get. It's not reality people. They have 'takes', they have you repeat things, you will say the same thing a dozen times, you get prompted to say key phrases, they cut it together to have the roles filled: girl that is 'evil', girl the everyone likes and roots for. There is a producer/director in the interview room with each girl during her 'confessional'. They try and trap you into saying terrible things about the others on the show.
There's more but I'll spare you. So what's my problem? I have a horse in the field again. Now, while my common sense wants her to be eliminated because of how terrible I think the whole thing is, my heart wants her to win this thing. Put it right in those other b*tches' eyepieces. So yes Bettina, call it a fairy tell, tell us all that it's magical, have the other chicks get jealous of you because you are stealing too much 'one on one time' with Chooch McGarnigal, do the damn thing. I urge you all to tune in and root for Bettina. Mondays at 10 on ABC. Repping DC to the death.

1 comment:

Conroy99 said...

Your blogging skills have taken a significant nosedive.

I'm disappointed, Danny.