Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Monday, January 14, 2008

How Much Fun Is Too Much?

I feel like I'm bordering on it. I feel like I'm close to that line where it's like: 'whoa bruh, too much fun there bruh.'

What am I talking about? What are you talking about? I'll talk about whatever I want to talk about. You do not get to come onto this blog and be all 'what are you talkin 'bout?' Fine. Good. No, I want you to do that. Well good then. I know it's fine. That's what I'm saying.

What am I talking about? I added the jedi vs sith application onto my facebook page. Right now, I'm in a light saber battle with Mike Way. He challenged me, then kind of forgot about it. Mike, come back here so I might thrash you. Here are my current ratings:

Influence: 230

You get influence points for attacking people with the force. You get 3 points for every attack and you can only do 5 attacks per day.

Knowledge: 6416

You get 5 knowledge points for answering a Star Wars question correctly. You get -2 points for getting it wrong. The questions range in difficulty from things like:

'What color was Mace Windu's light saber?' (purple)

to

'What was produced on The Cloud City on Bespin?' (Tibanna Gas)

to

'What's the hardest thing for most of the people on this thing to do?' (talk to girls)

Please note the last question is not a real Star Wars question.

Strength: 15

You get 3 points for every light saber duel you win. You lose 1 point for losing. I am 5-0 so far. I just discovered this within the last week and have been doing it constantly. The battles are turn based so it takes a while to complete them. I have 5 battles currently ongoing. I'm in good shape on 4 of them (including against Mike Way. Yup. I said it.) and I have a puncher's chance in the other but it could go either way. I'd love to start out 10-0 but 9-1 ain't too shabbytown either.

The combat is really neat because you get to choose your light saber fighting style. You get more options based on your rank (determined through your knowledge). I am a Jedi Master which means I get more choices than the people with lesser ranks (jedi knight, padawan etc.). My preferred fighting style is Niman. This is a balanced approach that is equal in all the key parts (strength, defense, force, and agility). Of the other forms (Shii-Cho, Makashi, Soresu, Ataru, and Shien/Diem So), it's hard to pick a favorite. Yoda uses Ataru of course because he's small and he can tap into his limitless force energy.

Now, if you've read this far, you're pretty sure that I am a dork. You would be correct. I only ask that you allow me to enjoy the things I enjoy.

In other news, I was near tears when Justin Schlegel forwarded me some information about the upcoming (although long way off) Transformers 2 film. I won't be the guy who posts spoilers. Email me if you wish to know information. I will tell you that I have read this 13 page document 8 different times and gotten goose bumps on each occasion.

You will see the Transformer pictured to the right.

I am literally giddy at the possibility.




Here ends my dorkiest blog to date. Holler

2 comments:

Mike said...

That was a mighty good thrashing there Jedi Master Roos, when I left you last I was but a learner, not I am... still pretty much a learner. I'll be back though, sure as Schwarzenegger I'll be back

Bringing order to the galaxy,
Young Apprentice

P.S. Love the cowpersons rant

Mike said...

btw, meant to say "now" not "not". You knew that.