Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Monday, July 02, 2007

I'm In New York But I'm Not

I finished moving my stuff to my apartment in New York City. I'm not one of those fakers who's all: 'I'm in New York when I'm really not'. I live in Manhattan now. Weird for me to say that but it's true. I'm excited. I have no idea what the future is going to bring but I cannot wait to see. My apartment is not big as it is in New York city and the abodes there do not tend to run on the 'big' side. Still, it is reasonable and functional and integrated and user-friendly.

I finished the moving on Saturday with a trip to bed bath and beyond the glory. I no longer consider myself a man. The final moving act was the returning of the UHAUL truck. UHUAL, is the new DMV. I cannot even tell you with my words how awful it was. We were just returning a truck; as in: 'Here are the keys bruh'. We called the office on the phone several times, no one picked up. When we arrived, I counted 12 phones. Said phones were ringing constantly. No one answered them. There was 0 progress in any line at any time. Employees were consistently walking around and ignoring pleading and helpless customers who were waiting for vans/trucks that they had reserved. I don't know the laws of our land well enough but I have got to believe that something about that organization is illegal. If you reserve something, it should be reserved. You should not be sitting on the floor at a UHAUL at W 23rd street and 11th Ave at noon on a Saturday in a pool of your own upset feelings because you had been there since 9 and your wife has taken it upon herself to remind you every 32 seconds how much this sucks. I saw that.

The most amazing thing occurred when the manager stood up and shouted to everyone: "We don't have any vehicles at this time!" The anger....oh my word the anger. The thing is, we were the only people in the place who were bringing a vehicle to the table. You would think that we would be given royal treatment. False. We could have helped, if only slightly, by providing the single commodity to ease the situation. We were ignored. The DMV has nothing on UHAUL.

I'm back in DC right now which is weird. I was involved in the production of a new show from the good folks that brought you Buddy Jackson. We shot yesterday. It was fun and I think I was OK. I'm here all week doing various things. Once this week ends, I shall transport myself back up to New York City, where I now live.

I hope to see the people that I know soon. Holler

No comments: