Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Williams Weekend


My boy JL Cauvin and I did a show at Williams College on Friday night. Tens of people took a break from watching college singing groups, chamber music, and apathy to come see our show. We had an amazing time and were told by a few people that there were 'a bunch of other things going on that night' so we were lucky to get what we did. JL did about 35 minutes and killed. His voices are awesome and the kids went nuts when he dropped his Owen Wilson. Really funny stuff. Note: After the show, we split a giant cookie. Sometimes, friends can split food with their friends and smile before they eat.

JL also handed out business cards like a weed dealer doling out samples to try and get people hooked. He has a newly created website that it pretty amazing and worth checking out.

Special thanks to my boy Mike Kearney for letting me crash on the couch of his freshman dorm room and for letting me use the bathroom that he shares with 5 other guys in a space that would either make me want to stab everyone or just turn completely gay due to the proximity. Also, girls at Williams college are generally unpleasant and b*tchy. They walk around with these angry looks on their faces. The dudes have more of a sullen 'oh my God is this really it?' face when they walk around. We went to a party after the show where they were out of beer and no one recognized JL and me from the show. Thanks also to super rep Shari from DC Comedy Agency for doing everything under the sun to make the show go.

JL and I took a bunch of photos. Some of them are good. I'll get them on my website soon so that the person that still checks it will be happy that there are new photos for him to look at and he can email me and say: 'nice new photos' and I can say: 'thanks dad, is my laundry done?', and he'll say: 'no, your mother had to do an extra load because on of the dogs pooped in the house and yadda yadda yadda, one of the rugs needed a couple cycles...'

I'm super busy this week as well. Friday night, I'm at the Mid-Atlantic NACA showcase show in Gettysburg, PA. Great opportunity for yours truly. (Note: I have never ever understood the expression 'yours truly'; no idea why that refers to me. 'Word indicating possession of a(n) object(s) for you and that this is in fact, genuinely the truth')

Saturday, I'm going to join a bachelor party already in progress for 2 of my best friends Michel and Ramsey in Miami. Do not wait up.

No comments: