Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Cheerleaders

I came across this article in Sports Illustrated. It's an editorial about how school boards are beginning to force cheerleaders to cheer at both mens' and womens' games. It's also about how pretty much no one is happy about it except for the few angry social activist parents and some school board people. Really? That's your project? That's what you go with?

My Sally, who is playing basketball to add some activities to her college resume, isn't being treated fairly because the cheerleaders, who no one pays attention to anyway at our super liberal new England encampment, don't come to her games because it makes the girls on the team uncomfortable. Great point.

Nothing else worthy of pursuing? How about trying to save the planet by encouraging people to unplug their electronics when not in use or other countless ways to reduce the effects of global warming? No, cheerleaders at all games? OK, you got it. Idiot.


A new Guys Watching 24 will be done soon. I went to Chris White's palace of love on Sunday. Jared Stern, Chris, and I (and a couple of Chris' friends) had a great time messing around like 3 comedians and a couple of friends of one of the guys. Chris has cool 'editing technology' and is locked in his 'editing suite' right now. I bet it turns out with awesomenessityness.

State of the Union tonight. I don't think I'll be tuning in because the Suns are in town playing the Wizards. I'm also not sure what the man can say right now: 'look, I know you guys are pissed...well I know you are...stop applauding that...oh for f*ck's sake...'

Anyone remember what he ran on a couple years back to get elected? Gay marriage?

Here's my open letter to Karl Rove.

Dear Karl,

Hey man, how are things? I'm good. Still in the DC area. Anyway, I was just thinking about how you used a non central issue for the future of the country to get people to come out and vote and how things like that take advantaged of the privilege of being in power. I was just wondering who you would like to play you when they make a movie about how you fleeced the American people and were running the show for both campaigns? I would vote for Matthew McConaughey because he only does rotten chickflicks now and he'll need something serious to try and restore his name so he can play a villain...meaning you.

Are you gonna play kickball again this year? It was fun last year.

See you never because you stay hidden.

Danny

No comments: