Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Hotel Shabingus

Sometimes comedy sucks. Sometimes it has nothing to do with being on stage, a booking, or even anything to do with performing. Sometimes, it can be something that you have no control over but it can leave you sitting in a hotel lobby with no room and the prospect of taking a $30 cab ride to the other side of town to shell out $150 to stay in a different hotel and then another $40 cab ride to get to the bus station tomorrow morning. Long story short, the hotel that has been my unofficial home away from home, is full this week and they literally don't have any rooms available. So, along with a couple other comics, we're getting kicked out.

No one is at fault here. The Yuk Yuk's folks were kind enough to make a reservation for me at the other hotel. I'm just not stoked about dropping $200 over the next 24 hours. I'm making moves to try and get out of this. A couple of awkward phone calls are in my future...I know you don't know me...but I was hoping that maybe...it would be cool if I slept on your floor...

This is my favorite youtube video of all times. I'm bringing it back. I want you to hear the angst of these guys...I want you to feel the upset...I also want you to imagine what numbers 'Abdul' is crunching...

No comments: