Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Blame Canada

I'm leaving for Canada tomorrow morning. I'm excited to go and perform for 6 weeks but nervous about leavng my friends and my lady friend for that long. I've never traveled for this long and am a little aprehensive about all the logistics. That said, I'm giddy for the experience. I've got at least 26 shows scheduled over the nex 40 days. I hope to grow as comic and as a boy. I'm going to try and keep things updated and I hope to add new videos on myspace and my site.

Speaking of my website, check it out. www.funnydanny.com It's not totally done yet but I love the new look. Many thanks to Andy LoPresto and Kevin Doran for their work to make it the best ever.

This past week at the Columbus Funny Bone, I had an amazing time. Many thanks to them for the spot and the incredible atmosphere for comedy. I got to work with a couple really funny guys named Jason Dixon (from Kansas City, really polished and funny) and this guy named Bill Burr. If you haven't seen Bill Burr, (to quote Joe Robinson) that's just irresponsible. I don't know that there is anyone out there better than he is right now. Just fantastic. I learned a ton by watching him and I feel like I'm better than when left here last week. The guy controls a room and has everyone on his side despite saying 'controversial' things. I've never seen anyone better at turning 'de-railing' into an applause break back into material...which generates applause breaks. He has fun and it's so clear why he's as good as they come. Cool guy to hang out with too.

Take 'er easy Dude, I know that you will.

-The Dude abides...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Buddy Jackson is WAY TOO GOOD this week for you not to mention it. Have fun in Canadia