Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lethbrizzle

Had a 1 nighter in a town called Lethbridge last night. I traveled with an awesome comic and man, Dave Nystrom. He is polished, original, and really funny. Nothing too complex but everything he has is smart. I really enjoyed the trip.

The show itself was at a bar where roughly 1/2 of the people there could give a hot doo doo that there is a comedy show. The other half was really into it. I'm putting together some video of my trip and I hope to have a 'Schlegel-esque' video blog on my new site soon. At the end of my trip, I plan on having a video trip summary or guide for those who would take this journey after me.

Canada has been awesome. I've already learned so much about myself and I feel great about where I'm going as a comic. I have such a long way to go but it's really encouraging to meet guys like Dave that have similar viewpoints about the process of becoming the comic you want to be. There are so many guys that are in such a rush to get booked and to make money or to get a tv set. All those things are fine but they should come from trying to become the best comic you can be. I may completely reinvent myself in the coming future and I'm fine with that. I just hate to see guys that are so in a rush that they neglect their product. I'm funny but that's not enough.

This weekend I'm working with a really funny dude named Sam Easton in Kelowna. Should be a lot of fun...including the 8 hour drives. Canada is not scared to make you drive for a long time.

1 comment:

jb said...

justin's link doesn't work, you html guru...

;)