Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

In the lobby...


of the Blackfoot Inn in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. That's where I am because that is where the internet is. I crashed last night with Justin Schlegel in his room on a pullout couch. It was comfortable because I used my sweatshirt as a pillow. I am a professional comedian. I included this pic of JL Cauvin and me outside the venue at Williams College last year as a reminder that comedy can be painful.

While i'm up here, I'm going to be selling some dvds that I compiled from my week of shows at the Columbus Funny Bone last week. I'm pretty opposed to selling stuff in general but I kind of have to while I'm here to make some money. It's not professionally made but it looks decent. Long story short, I'm selling it for 10 Canadian dollars which is like $83 US at this point.

Schlegel took off this morning for some shows in Edmonton. My first show is tomorrow night in a mythical land called Saskatoon. They have a pretty cool room for a show I'm told. I'm going to try to video tape a lot of stuff and post here and on myspace. Sort of a video travel blog. Some of it might be really boring. If it is, I am sorry.

I need to mention what I think is the best Buddy Jackson episode ever. I couldn't be prouder of it. If you aren't completely satisfied with my Tony Almeida impression then I don't know what to tell you. We even had fight choreography. 'twas the tightness.

I already miss my friends and my lady. It's gonna be tough for me for the next several weeks but that is part of why I am up here. I'm challenging myself to do things that I've never done. I'm getting out of my comfort zone and taking chances. Being in DC and doing 2-3 open mics a week and maybe a booked show per month is nice but it's not enough for me. I'm diving in head first. That's where my mind is.

In other news, I have a devastating fantasy baseball squad. Roto style league where stats are accumulated instead of head to head. Check out the lineup:

C Mike Piazza
1B Paul Konerko
2B Ryan Freel/Freddy Sanchez
SS Miguel Tejada
3B Aramis Ramirez
OF Vladamir Guerrero
OF Grady Sizemore
OF Carl Crawford
Util Jim Thome
Util Frank Thomas
Bn Adam Laroche

SP Daisuke Matsuzaka
SP Scott Kazmir
SP Jeremy Bonderman
SP Dan Haren
SP Tim Hudson
SP Matt Cain
RP Mariano Rivera
RP Jason Isringhausen
RP Takashi Saito
RP Bob Wickman
RP Joel Zumaya

As you can see, I drafted offense early and often. I then went to young 'breakout' starting pitching. My bullpen guys are mostly pretty established and consistent. My worry is Isringhausen who could be a week link because of injuries. I'm looking to acquire one more person who can give me some steals. I expect 40 from Ryan Freel who is playing everyday now, 50 from Carl Crawford, around 20-25 from Sizemore and around 10 from Vlad. That will put me towards the middle of the pack I think. I'd like one more 30 SB guy as I can give up some power...I can give it up because I have a ton of it. At least 30 HRs from Konerko, Tejada, Ramirez, Sizemore, Thome, and Vlad. Laroche hit 32 last year and he's only a spot starter for me. The week link is Piazza. I'm hoping the DH situation in Oakland plays to his advantage and he has a nice year. I'd take .280 and 20 HRs like he hit last year from my catcher spot. All in all, my squad is filthy.

4 comments:

Sully said...

Three names,

CF for Pittsburgh - Duff -uber fast

CF for Marlins - De Aza - uber uber fast

RF for Brewers Corey Hart - 20 20 guy

and if you are looking for infield then M. Izturis filling in for chone while he's injured.

How do you get those players? Are you in a league against anyone?

merr said...

don't you mean the bigfoot inn?? i heard they have bigfoot in canadia. i miss you.

Drumm said...

Agree with brenden...for someone with baseball skills like yours, it's not cool to brag about "owning the league," when that leagues consists of 4 teams total...with the three other owners being your girlfriend, a gay man, an a "friend" of yours who couldn't make it to the draft so you had to draft for him...wink, wink!

Drumm

Drumm said...

btw...before responding Roos, look at this:

OF Vladamir Guerrero 8th
OF Carl Crawford 10th
SS Miguel Tejada 15th
OF Grady Sizemore 19th
3B Aramis Ramirez 32nd
1B Paul Konerko 36th
RP Mariano Rivera 57th
SP Jeremy Bonderman 58th
Util Jim Thome 64th
SP Scott Kazmir 83rd
SP Dan Haren 90th
SP Daisuke Matsuzaka 100th
SP Matt Cain 102nd
RP Takashi Saito 105th
Bn Adam Laroche 109th
Util Frank Thomas 125th
C Mike Piazza 151st
RP Bob Wickman 156th
2B Ryan Freel 157th
RP Jason Isringhausen 158th
2B Freddy Sanchez 159th

These are ESPN rankings...4 top 20 players? Only way that happens is if you are in a 5 team league, or no one knows how to draft but you!

Kick ass in Canada, and don't listen to Schlegel...Horton's is fan...tastic!

Drumm