Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Toon....

Had a great show in Saskatoon last night. I'm in a hotel in Regina. It's not pronounced like you'd want it to be pronounced. It's pronounced to rhyme with the special parts of ladies.

I drove 8 hours from Calgary to Saskatoon last night. There is quite literally nothing during those 8 hours. You push seek on the radio dial and the radio went for 3 hours looking for a station. I completely forgot that it was still searching when 'Shot Through the Heart' came bellowing through the speakers. I thought someone was telling me that I was shot. Weird.

Then, out of nowhere, this really cool town of Saskatoon, surrounded by nothing for hours in every direction had an amazing show with over 200 people who were really into comedy. I have no idea how this is possible. I can't think of anything like this in the US. I cannot stress enough how little there was for hundreds of miles in all directions; not even farms; just miles of countryside with frozen water in places.

I have a show tonight at 9:30. Hopefully, I'll have a lot more shows like last night on this trip.

Pizza in Canada has the toppings underneath the cheese. This is good.

There is a chain called 'Boston Pizza'. I never knew Boston as a hotbed for great pizza. Racism and ignorance and unfair comedy contests, yes, but not pizza.

GW Baseball (where I played) is not winning very much. This annoys me. I don't like the fact that they are not good. My class and the year after us, put the program in the right direction. We set the school record for wins 3 times in 5 years and the class after me had 7 guys sign to play pro ball (including Washington National Mike O'Connor). Our coach left and took another job and the new staff really hasn't seemed to recruit very well. This is really sad. If the team had any support from the school, it could have a good field and compete on a high level. We are an almost identical school to Tulane who has been to the college world series. The difference is their tremendous facility. GW will NEVER get anything from me until it supports it's athletic teams. Annoying.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're in Canada and probably missing home but this weekend I looked at the front page of the Post's Sports section and I saw: Nationals lose, Caps lose, Wizards lose, United lose. I wished I was in Canada just then.

Have fun. Write more blogs.