Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Snow

It's snowing right now in Calgary. Come on C town, I thought you and me were past this. Seriously bruh. The problem I usually have with weather is that I have a 2 day weather adjustment period. This means that I dress based on what the weather was like 2 days ago. I have no idea why this is but I also know that I cannot fix it. It was around 60 2 days ago in C-gary which meant that your humorist was exceptionally comfortable.

Today, it's about 30, windy and snowy. Cripes.

The last couple nights I've emceed the shows at the Calgary Yuk Yuk's. I might be the best MC in the world. It's what I do. Hokey, cheesy humor, easy applause breaks to get the crowd going ('who's drinking tonight?', 'give it up for the troops', 'how about the (local sports team)?') I hate myself. Look out, I might do the Raptor!

Tomorrow I'm driving to a place called Cranbrook. Every comic I've talked to has pretty much told me that this is an ungood place and the shows tend to honk. I'm actually really excited about this challenge. I need a little bit of a comfort shock. I want to see what I can do.

I have one final story. This feels more like a Jon Mumma story but it happened to me. I went down to the meager fitness center this afternoon. I was in there riding on the bike for about 30 minutes. This complete chooch comes in to work out on the one nautilus machine in the room. It's one of those, 3 in 1 things. You can bench, do pull downs, or rows. That's it. This dude puts the weight at 60 (funnydanny notation, I'm not judging re how much weight someone does. I'm not in my prime...when I was I put up 320 but that's not the point, the point is, do what you do...). He gets under there, with his earbuds in for his iPod...and starts grunting and puffing like he's on the world's strongest man. He fires off 5 reps, and jumps up (about 2 feet from where I am bike riding) and pounds his chest and jumps around like he is about to max out. He stretches out and does that loud breathe out thing where your teeth are closed like you're trying to act serious but no one takes you seriously because you have a bowl cut that your mom gave you where she actually used a bowl.

Anyway, this plumber does this a couple more times. I am torn between amusement and discomfort. I finally exit the room as this guy gets set to do 50 pounds on the rows...I hear him exclaim as I was shutting the door: 'get some!'....unreal. I went upstairs and told the yuk yuk's staff and they all took turns looking at the guy through the window. It was amazing.

Hope you all are doing great. Funny Danny out.

No comments: