Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Do Yourselves a Favor

And come see Adam Ferrara before he leaves town. Do it. Do it. You won't regret it. I have never met a better guy in my brief comedy career. Incredible dude, incredible comic, above average wine connoisseur (I have no idea how to spell that word). Last night's show was a lot of fun.

My boy Ryan Conner rocked a guest set and ripped. That dude is frickin' good. I've said a lot of bad things about Ryan behind his back since the first time I saw him at Wiseacres in the winter of 2004, I've said a lot of bad things about him when he was just out of earshot so its not totally behind his back because he's in the room, and then I've softened my stance when he can hear me and I've said some lukewarm things about him to his face. Well I am hear to say that a lot of it is true, but the dude is good.

Chris White crushed after Ryan. That's just a good comic right there. 'Hey sir, what do you do?'

Chris: 'I'm a good comic'.

Random dude: 'Ahhhh...what does that mean?'

Chris: 'It means I have really good material and I always do well on stage because I know what I'm doing.'

Random dude: 'Ahhhhh...sweet.'

Then of course, Adam Ferrara, ripped the place apart for an hour. Incredible Thursday night show.

Topic change:

I have been getting some random myspace friend solicitations of late. At first, my myspace policy was to accept everyone as my friend always. I felt good about this policy. In the last couple of months, these fake girls have asked to be friends with me. It took me a few of them to figure it out but now I realize it. Its profiles like this:

"I'm Monika. I guess I'm a normal chica (lol plr plr :0) and I'm into guys who are real. If you want to chat, hit me up on MSN at _________. I also have a webcam so come check it out"

Weird. I now deny these profiles. Who knows what they are all about. The thing that strikes me is what kind of d-bag takes the time to make up a fake profile and then submit friend requests to struggling comics who wish they had 'the force' in Washington, DC? I can think of bigger wastes of time but not many. What purpose does it serve?

Myspace is under a lot of heat because of the Dateline show where they expose pedophiles. For the record, I am anti-pedophile. They are not cool. They are the parking enforcers of criminals in terms of their popularity. I secretly want someone to get a camera crew together, and try and surprise the Dateline crew with their own camera crew saying that they're doing a story on their story of strangers meeting and that he was posing as a pedera$$ to counter their person posing as a minor. Would someone get convicted if they did that? Like, if anyone from NAMBLA reads this blog, either set this camera crew thing in motion, or maybe...and this is crazy, stop loving little boys. It is extremely uncool and weird.

1 comment:

Woolley said...

Just wanted to let you know you got a mention in the Blog section of the Metro paper this morning for the awesome show at DC Improv. Jay and Adam (and the lack of air conditioning at the venue) also got a shout out too! Congrats!