Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Yeah, I was scared. Stop judging

The Omen isn't the scariest movie ever made. I think its a cool horror flick and I enjoyed the film despite the fact that I cannot look into my bathroom mirror for the foreseeable future. There are several times when you jump because of surprise moments. These are all nicely done.
But what really scared me (and not Rory or jaystings) were the ideas that the story throws out there. The idea that you or I really has no control. We could be marked for doom and have no idea. That scares me.

My fellow movie-goers were not scared at all. Jaystings was openly mocking me for being afraid. I believe that Jaystings is a robot who does not know fear. Like the Terminators.

I cannot figure out why I subject myself to scary movies. I am very susceptible to having them haunt my every waking hour. Its probably the same thing that makes me like women.

I have to buy shoes today. I don't know the name of the kind of shoe I need. I don't really know the names of stuff like that. The other day, I learned that I have a pair of pants with pleats. I also learned that this was bad. This is probably the way in which I am the furthest away from adulthood. The knowing of things like this.

Come to Nanny's tonight for it shall be grand. Show starts at 8:30 because that is when shows start. 3319 Connecticut Avenue Washington, DC 20008

No comments: