Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tonight We Start

DC Improv tonight at 8:30. The week of humor begins in earnest. Go to the shows, be amused.

I want to be a comedian. I wish to entertain people for the rest of my life. I know this. I currently work in an office where I do not entertain people. This makes for an interesting juxtaposition of what I wish to do and what I must do.

Analogy: A rat is in a maze searching for a piece of cheese (note: the rat has really rosy cheeks). In the maze, he is asked to make copies, scan documents, send emails to the Helpdesk, wake up 3 hours earlier than he normally would, and generally spend a solid 9 hours per day completing tasks completely unrelated to eating cheese.

In addition to standup this week. There are some rumblings. Some, whispers of other tightness just over the horizon. I will not spoil anything before it comes to fruition because I do not begin counting chickens when another dude is holding the eggs on another continent. I do want you to know that there are eggs. They are seeds of mirth. That is all.

Come to the Improv this week or be destroyed.

No comments: