Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

NYE

I am pretty much over New Year's Parties. I am all through paying $200 to wait forever to get drinks and basking in the afterglow of 'expectations' for an evening. If you're single, terrible time to be single as NYE. If you have a _F, it's annoying to spend that much $ to hang out with each other and there is a 37% fight probability. Add this to the fact that some of friends will be non-committal and ultimately not go where you are plus the fact that your boy/girl will always bring someone atrocious to the table that you didn't know before. New Years is like prom for grown-ups.

The other day, my boy Jon and I had the following exchange:

Me: I'm totally dead on spending a lot of money on New Years

Jon: I'm dead on people not wanting to spend money on New Years

Me: We are at an impass

Jon: Not in concert.

Me: OK, talk to you later.

Jon: Thanks so much.

Good talk.

-Former president Gerald Ford passed away. I was embarrassed when I started thinking about how little I actually knew about him. I know that he took over for Nixon...and that Chevy Chase used to fall down a lot impersonating him on SNL...that's it.

-I have watched this video so many times. It is hilarious. This very serious group of guys is playing Warcraft. Lots of subtle bits of humor in here. Observe the seriousness and frustration...and even angst of some of the players because of how meaningful this is.

The rest speaks for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU

No comments: