Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Friday, February 10, 2006

I'm Not Quitting and I Would Never Go to More School

Crisis averted. I crushed at Topaz last night. All 5 people there will attest to it. I'm back in until I get depressed again at which time I will rack another pity post. At least 3 people started a conversation with me this way yesterday:

"Hey...so...are you OK?"

I'm good. I have always been a mental midget subject to emotional fits. Some say its because I'm passionate and a deep thinker; others say its because I'm a complete p*ssy. Can't it be both?

Poonanza and Wet T-Shirt Contest on Sunday night at Staccato Lounge. 8:30 start time. Alternative comedy and a must see for Larry Poon fans.

After the Paz last night, I went to party and hung out for a while. Literally, every dude there was wearing a suit. Its a dive bar in Georgetown, and they were all wearing suits. A couple of guys were quizzed as to why they were wearing suits and the answer came back: 'REALLY, really long day at the office."

Really? You're a 24 year old L.A. on the Hill. You a$$. More people need to read my blog. You don't work in I-banking where you have days like that. You work a government job for a Congressman your daddy knows from law school. I hate every one of you and your a$$ faces. You are unimportant and trying to look important when you are not is the most bamfied thing you can do in the world next to quoting things you see rappers say on television in common discourse.

The worst part about all of this are the girls who enable this behavior. What's the first thing a girl always says she is looking for in a guy? I don't think its 'Go well out of my way to make myself appear important while I do 'laps' around Smith Point in an effort to be seen talking to the right person'. If you really came straight from work, loosen the tie; maybe even take it off and put it in your pocket. Maybe, if you knew you were working late, bring a shirt to wear or leave your suit jacket in your office. You are not dressed up for work anymore, you are dressed up to make it look like you have an important job and that makes you a f*cking loser.

I wanted to pull my own eye out so I could see the shock on my face.

When I am entertaining millions (just go with it), my job will be important. Until then, you're not, I'm not, no one is. So relax chief. Are we cool? I'm all for looking nice when you go out. Rock the dress shirt if it makes you feel pretty. Maybe the dress shirt and jeans? Its a little metrosexual but that's in these days. We can do better. I say again to my girls Fergy, Lofty, Jet, my sister's boss and company: Shut your eyes. You are all too important to this world. Hit me up on my blackberry.

Respect.

No comments: