Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

You Rock...No, You Rock


Its Vaeda that rocks. Went to see their show last night at the Velvet Lounge. Note: the Velvet Lounge is intimate...like a one-one date on the Bachelor...I have a problem.

They are awesome. It made me realize that no matter how cool or popular I become as a comic, they will always be much cooler than me. Watching my boy Oliver do drummer stuff is like a kid watching Mark McGwire take batting practice. You sit there in awe and wonder if he's on something to make him go.

The band was kind enough to let me do a couple of minutes before they went on. Thanks guys. I had a blast.

I also rocked a set at a fundraiser for the Didactic Theater Company which, of all the theater companies I know, has to rank in the top 25. Note: I do not know any theater companies. I think inherently, plays are not as good as movies. Who breaks out into song? Who does that? Also, movies that are musicals are subpar. I have never seen Chicago for a couple reasons:
1) Musical movies are subpar
2) Rene Zellwigger ruins movies. Always. Fact. She makes the mousey face and does different voices but she makes the mousey face and they call it acting. I'm sure she's a nice girl but I cannot enjoy anything she's in, even Jerry Macguire which could have been great. Also, I am purposely not spelling her name right to show my disdain.

Anyway, fun times. Small but peppy crowd. I really enjoyed it so thanks to them for thinking I'm awesome and booking me for a free show. Also, the chicken Quesadillas at JoJo's restaurant are really good.

Poonanza got snowed out a couple of weeks back. We are doing it this Sunday night at Staccato. It might change lives. It might also be some really cool alternative comedy.

No comments: