Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

CRIKEY!

RIP Steve Irwin. If you don't know, the Crocodile Hunter has passed on. A stingray got him. Just goes to show that hacky comics always do Croc Hunter impressions. Now I know I'm hacky because I do some voices but even I won't do that one because I can't think of a good joke to do it in. Note: I am a hack.

Going reverse chronologically in recapping the weekend is what I will do now. The passive voice is something I will use also...

The Back to School Poonanza was mint on Sunday. Lot of really funny things happened. Super fun times with my favorite comedy peoples. I will tell you simply that I had to bite my lip when Jaystings reached out his hand with the force and the doughnut moved to prevent myself from laughing. Thanks to all who participated and attended for making the show incredibly fun.

On Friday Jon Mumma and I (you know what I found out from Jon on the way up? His name really isn't supposed to be pronounced like we all do it. We all say 'Moo-mah' when it actually is supposed to be 'Moo-maw'. Jon got so tired of correcting everyone that he just started using the one that everyone defaulted to. What a nice guy...and kind of a pu$$y. My name isn't 'Roo-he-air', 'Row-hire', 'Rowe-heer', 'Ru-veir', 'Ru-er', 'Rock-er', 'Romp'er', 'Roo'share, 'Roo-nee-er' or any of the other pronunciations I have heard. It's 'Roo-yay'...Holler) drove up to Arcadia University for a show.

Now, you read the word 'drive' and you picture a car moving on a highway with two friends sharing tales of merriment and intrigue. Not this time. Picture 2 dudes in a car crawling along a highway topping 15 mph 3 times between DC and 30 miles north of Baltimore. Jon and I honestly thought about turning around. It took us in the neighborhood of 6 hours total to get just outside of Philly from DC. Note: I would rather be kicked in the shins by a leprechaun with the thought that I would get wishes only to find out that he was not that kind of leprechaun and experience the pain and disappointment then do that drive again...

The show itself at Arcadia was a lot of fun. It was a contest and a dude named Kelly Taylor won it. I didn't get to see much of his set but he was a cool dude who switched places in the show with me. I had a pretty good set (1 hour b*tches) and Mumma did well during his time. The real star of the show for my money was the comic that had to follow all of us. After 3 hours of comedy, this dude named Peter Lee came onstage and dominated for an hour. The dude was awesome. Hilarious comic, really polished, super nice guy. He should have won I thought but no biggie. I got paid to do standup which is pretty kicka$$.

Great weekend.

Tomorrow night. You must come to the Warehouse Theater and see me open up for POW (Matt Oberg and Bob Wiltfong from the Chapelle Show and the Daily Show respectively). Starts at 8. You must reserve tickets. Do so by sending an email to: info@dccomedyfest.com (put 'POW Tickets' in the subject line). I love you all.

No comments: