Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Draftheezy

Come to the Arlington Cinema 'N Drafthouse on Wednesday. Show STARTS at 7:45. Here is the deal:

40 comics in 5 prelims competing for an eventual prize of $2500. I am in the first prelim with my good friends Ryan Conner and Seaton Smith. This guarantees mirth. 2 comics will move on from each round. 1 will be by audience vote, the other will be by panel of judges. Neither of these bode well for me as my friends don't come to see me anymore and judges like to not have me win contests as evidenced by my not winning contests that I am in.

I'm entering this one for a couple of reasons:

1) This is a promption for this venue which is a great one for standup comedy and it is something I/we should definitely support.

2) I really enjoy the awkward times where everyone feels like they have to compliment each other after their set during a contest. Everyone secretly thinks he was the best and is fishing for compliments from the other competitors. One of those incredible dynamics that is impossible to re-create.

Address:

2903 Columbia PikeArlington, VA 22204

Tix are $7 at the door. Should be a great time so if you are a good person, you will attend. If not, then I ask that whatever higher power you pray to has mercy on your tormented soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

will jeff maurer be there?