Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thanks

I was inundated with comments on yesterday's spring vs fall debate. And by inundated I mean no one said sh*t. Last time I rock the open forum. That is embarrassing. It is right up there with telling someone you love them and them telling you: "I love spending time with you..."

This blog will lead the blog league in randomness. Giddyup.

-In my Madden Franchise on 2007, I did not draft a player based soley on the fact that this last name was the same as an X girlfriend's. I don not know what this says about anyone involved.

-The NFL is really incredible. After last week's depressing effort against my my most hated team in the history of sport, I am somehow ready to give my squad another chance. This league has really taken a stranglehold on the American Universe.

-I feel like everyone is ignoring some really compelling baseball pennant races. There are more competitive teams than ever before thanks mostly to good organizations making good decisions. As long as someone beats the yankees, I'm happy.

-I really enjoy doing improv comedy and I am mad at myself that I have not found more outlets.

-Comedy Contests are great things and should be encouraged...along with random shin-kickings, lotteries where the winner has his/her eyebrows removed hair by hair, and those big sunglasses that are fashionable right now that make girls look incredibly foolish.

-On second thought, none of those things should be for any reason.

-Several months later, the Houston Texans passing on Reggie Bush still leads the all-time challenge for worst decisions by a pro sports franchise.

-The Venzuelan President called W 'the devil' the other day. Many might agree with his conclusion. Personally, hard to take a dude that is top boys with Iran seriously. Knock knock.
who's there? A Communist who focuses attention away from his rotting country by blaming the leader of a hedgemon...I'm not going to do the rest.

-A lot of people are telling me that I should watch 'The Wire' on HBO. The following are the reasons why I have not and will not watch it:
1) When one person (or several people) who's opinion I do not value tells me I 'have to watch a show', I don't do it under almost any circumstances.
2) When people who's opinion I do value tell me to watch something I still almost never do it because I hate being told what to do.
3) The unbearably high number of crappy comics and actors from the greater Baltimore area who put "the Wire" in their credits.

-My favorite cartoons as a child were:
1) Voltron
2) Transformers
3) Thundercats
4) He-Man
5) GI Joe

-The following is a list of the All-Time most underrated cartoons:
1) Gummi Bears
2) Chip 'N Dale's Rescue Rangers
3) Paw Paw Bears
4) Danger Mouse
5) Captain Caveman

The following is a list of cartoons that got way to much credit:
1) Talespin
2) Darkwing Duck
3) Go-Bots
4) She-Ra
5) Jabberjaw

-The following is a list of things that people only like because they force themselves to like becuase they think they are supposed to do so:
1) Wine
2) caviar
3) public transportation
4) Fashion Trends
5) small dogs

-A band I was really disappointed never did much after their debut album was the Stereo MCs. I used to love them.

-Ryan Conner did not know that the lead singer of REM was gay.

-There is nothing wrong with that, Ryan just didn't know. I knew.

-Congrats to Seaton Smith.

-I'm done for today. Last thought. Thanks to everyone who came and supported the team last night. Especially OC and the Petals Edge honies. You guys are the bestest or most best if we are speaking correctly. Word.

3 comments:

Rob Maher said...

The Wire is the best show on TV. Would I lie to you Danny? Probably but I'm not right now.

The Skins will beat Houston and Brunell will play just well enough to keep his job for the Jax game where he will throw 3 interceptions and lose two fumbles.

Contests always have an always will suck.

Anonymous said...

Bill Simmons says the Wire is great at the end of this. I say, if I want to be depressed while watching TV, I'll watch the news.

Fall is the better season for weather/sports, but spring is better because that's when all the

Anonymous said...

Petal's Edge "honies" happy to represent! You were great!