Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Congrats and What if the DMV Was On Steroids and Heroin at the Same Time

First, Congratulations to my college teammate and friend, Michael O'Connor. He got his first major league win yesterday against the powerful New York Metropolitans. Knowledge here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/02/AR2006050201720.html

Okie started the game against another former teammate of mine, John Maine. I played with the John the summer after my senior year of high school on a team that went 52-7 and won the 18 and under national title. John did not make the trip to the national tournament because frankly, he wasn't very good at the time. Note: He is now good and I am not. Pretty neat stuff. Okie absosmurfly dealt last night. 1 run on 2 hits with 6 strikeouts in 7 innings pitched. Well done young man. See you Sunday (he's pitching at RFK against the Pirates). Yes, Okie has done more than enough to keep his behind in the bigs for a while. That ladies and gents, is mirth on a stick with a remote and cold beverages at the ready.

Topic change.

I spent this morning at the Social Security Administration. I needed to get a replacement social security card. Memo to everyone: Never ever under any circumstances lose your social security card.

EEEEEWWWWWWWWWW! That place honks. It was me, a long wait, some apathetic workers that were so beaten down and upset at everything, the lowest members of our society, and smells. A potpourri of horrendous smells greats everyone as they walk in, take a number, listen for the next number to be called, look down in horror as the number called is 50 spots before theirs, sit down, get greeted by a different shade of smell, change seats...repeat. 2 hours later, I identified myself by saying:

"I have a driver's license, birth certificate, and passport. What would you like?"

She didn't look at any of them. She just took my application and walked away. I stood there awkwardly for two minutes. She returned and looked up at me and said..."Number # 484!"
This indicated that my time there was done. I gave her a 'I know that you too are immortal, Highlander' nod and rolled out. I should have a new card in 2 weeks. Note: I am not confident in this.

People getting married in cities that I don't live in is just plain selfish on their part. Making plans to travel places is cool like meeting your girlfriend's X and finding out he's a blackbelt that volunteers with sick children after his shifts on call at the hospital.

1 comment:

Jon Mumma said...

that last paragraph is filled with "mirth." I hope i used that properly.

Jon