Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Sports

I was trying to not write about sports for a while. It was hard. Sports are awesome and it makes us better than people that don't have cool sports.

The world cup is coming very soon. It starts June 9th. The US has, in my opinion, a terrible draw. We have the Czech Republic who is nasty, Italy, who has been slumping but is also nasty, and Ghana. Despite all of our progress, we might not make it past the first round. This would suck. I feel like the US needs a successful run to really get momentum going for us to become one of the really elite teams in the world. Brazil should win the whole thing because they are filthy. The gay Brazilian guy at the gay hardware store by my house told me: "'diss team isss the mos' team in de worl' " I did not understand this but the dude was helpful when it came to finding the little foam pads you put next to a window AC unit to keep the cold in.

The NBA playoffs have been as good as any I can remember. Basketball is beautiful again. The damage done by the 90s version of the game (slow down, halfcourt, clutch and grab, hand-checks, back down post players) has been replaced with fast paced play, great ball movement, good shooting, and some wonderful young stars. Mirth.

Albert Pujols is the best hitter alive right now. There are a lot of reasons why I can say this (walk to K ratio, slugging %, batting average, and the HRs this year.) I have argued this, and I said it before the season started, we are watching the man who will go down in history as the greatest right handed hitter of all time. It seems he is driving the ball more this year and sacrificing a few BA points to hit more balls in the air. I think is completely on purpose as his team needs him to drive the ball out of the park more as Rolen has been hurt and Edmonds is showing affects of age and injuries. If you like baseball, watch, if you don't, move to Baltimore and grow lacrosse hair.

This post was not funny. What is funny is that I have to go back onto craigslist and find another roommate. I don't mean this is 'funny ha ha'. Its more funny like: "No I will not go out with you. If you call here again, I'll have you killed."

I hate horse racing. Every year, whoever wins the Kentucky Dirby, all the horse people start talking about the chances of a triple crown and that's all you hear about until the horse loses at the Preakness. Its so stupid. Who's your favorite horse of all time? Oh really, you don't remember who was in it last year do you? Its no longer relevant in American sports and should not be covered. It has morphed into a social event for drunken 'wish I was still in college' 20-somethings to wear silly gear and get red faced and boozed. I don't care who wins unless I bet on it which I don't because its dumb.

And scene.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

off da hizzle!