Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Not Nearly Enough

I realized this morning that I am not doing nearly enough to move forward. Consider that sh*t overwith.

My blog readership has steadily declined over the last month. I can see one of three possible causes.

1) The quality of my blog has experienced a huge drop-off...this is entirely possible

2) You, the reader, has experienced a huge quality drop off and are no longer interested in the important things I discuss in this space...also entirely possible

3) I am not putting enough links and pics up...Most likely because we both know that I am amazing at writing this thing and you are amazing at reading it.

So, here we go:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/16/AR2006081601622.html

Washington Post story about how the FBI is gearing its training toward fighting terrorism. This is probably a good thing. The issue I have though is that this approach is utterly insefficient. The bulk of anti-terror work needs to come from CIA aka defense spending. People don't realize the impact of cutting defense spending. The Boeings still get built (We just twist Saudi Arabia's arm and they increase their purchase) but the intelligence is what gets cut. Resources must be dolled out to infiltrate, stop the influx of $$ into terror organizations, and make strides at crippling terror groups abroad for any positive gains to take place. So, while its good the FBI is beginning to prepare its cadets to deal with a global problem, we need to remember that if all goes well, they will have a minimal responsibility going forward.

2 things I want to tell you about:

1) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489270/
Yup, Saw III...respect. I will see any Saw that is made. I am so down with this franchise. Thanks you creepy dudes who think this stuff up.

2) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418279/
TRANSFORMERS...I cannot even begin to tell you how giddy I am at the prospect of seeing this movie. I have a rare dvd of the Transformers cartoon movie from 1986. Its got chinese subtitles and its really hard to find. It's also awesome. Spielberg producing...good...Michael Bay directing...suspect...I am not sure how this is going to play out. I will tell you that if MB drops the ball on this one, I will get the Constructocons together, form Devastator and run over his house...

When is someone going to step up and make a Voltron movie? Who wouldn't want to see this? If they did not, is there a way we could forbid them from voting and reproducing?

Some cool shows coming soon. More details about them later. Word.

No comments: