Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Pumped Amped and Juiced

I'm like a New Jersey High School Football right now. This has already been a great week and more wonderfullness is on the way.

I am doing a lot of time at TS Muttley's tonight, going to the U2 concert on Thursday, and am going to leave the mic scalding in my wake on Saturday night as I get carried out of the place to the top of a pyramid where 1000 naked women will throw miniature pickles at me (Real Genius bitches. #1 Val Kilmer role of all time. Top Gun included).

As a side, I am sure everyone can relate to what I'm about to say. You know how there are certain people in your life that you take for granted most of the time but every once in a while, you can step back and say, "I am so lucky to know ____", because he or she is just a winner, a gamer; the type of person that if you told them it was important, it would get done. "Listen, its important, run to the corner and haul it in when I throw it."

-"You got it."

I have so many people like that in my universe which makes me feel lucky. My friend Claire is one of these people; just a winner. She achieves. That's it. Just an obstacle conquering lady who tries to make everyone happy. We are going to U2 on Thursday night. She thinks, 'hey Danny loves U2, I'll ask him.'

U2 is easily my favorite band. I love them. I can rattle off 50 songs of theirs that I love and I discover more all the time. There are bands like Coldplay (they are great too by the way), who are making waves now and are drawing comparisons to U2, but U2 has them covered. I was listening to some Coldplay last night. I suck at all the names of songs but they had some really beautiful piano tracks that were slow and really cool. I went back and grabbed an old U2 cd from 1982 and found that they were doing the same thing back then. They can do it all and they put on the most incredible shows. Best band on the planet and in my mind, they have to stack up with the greatest rock bands of all time as they have been awesome for close to 30 years.

Satellite is sold out for Saturday, come to the afterparty at Front Page at 10. We have a private room and we will all be there throwing ourselves about the place.

No comments: