Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Some Things that Are Awesome

I am going to talk about some things and some people that are awesome. In no particular order, here we go:

Larry Poon: I have said some really bad things about Larry Poon when he wasn't around. I once called him a 'poor man's Harry Poon, this guy I knew from Cherry Hill, NJ that was always telling stories and eating cookies'. Well I take it all back. I had the pleasure of performing with him this past weekend at Busboys and Poets (more on that in a minute). He is incredible. The thing that I like the best is that there is a portion of the crowd that totally doesn't get it. They think he really is this guy who is flossing onstage and doing lounge-singer versions of rap songs. What a performer. He poured water on my chest.

Zach Toczcznycskcznzcski: There are a select few group of people who you can really say have done a lot for comedy in the Washington, DC area (Chris White, Blaire Postman, Sean Westfall to name a few). Well, Zach is on his way to joining that elite group. This guy starts rooms and he gets deserving comics stage time plain and simple. That is a hard working man right there. He let me do Busboys & Poets this weekend and we had 2 incredible shows where I got to feature and do 20 minutes. This is really a tremendous room and I had a blast. What a great guy. I had a decent set on Friday and a great one on Saturday in front of a bunch of my friends who are just about sick of coming out to see me. Its a good challenge to keep coming up with new stuff to keep them interested. Zach is in the semi-finals of the Baltimore Comedy Factory Contest and if he wins, he's donating half of the $2500 to hurricane Katrina Relief. I hope he does win as he's better than some poo-eating disc jockey who stacks the crowd and wins over the Bmore crowd with free t-shirts and dick jokes. Also, I think when he and I slapped five at the end of my set, I became just a smidge gayer. I had the urge to iron my shirt this morning and that's not the old Danny.

Dane Cook(www.danecook.com): I watched Dave Attel's Insomniac Comedy Tour from Las Vegas last night. Sean Rouse was OK as was Attel who hosted. Greg Giraldo was pretty funny. I really like his style. The headliner was Dane Cook. This guy is unreal. I had sort of forgotten about him for a little while as I was getting into some other comics but he slapped me in the face last night with how amazing he is. He is so funny it makes other comics feel like bad comics must feel when they see me crushing in my 4 minute sets at Topaz where I read off a napkin and do my silly litltle voices. He has a rep for being kind of a dick which I hope isn't true. You don't have to be. I've been lucky enough to work with some really amazing comics who were also incredible guys (Adam Ferrara, Aron Kader, Tony Woods, and T-Rexx to name some) and it makes them that much better. You want them to do that well because it feels like they know how hard it is to get there.

Satellite Show: see my previous blog about ticket info. Tickets are beginning to sell so I'd try and reserve them while you can. We are the 7 coolest basketball playing comics ever (except Justin Schlegel. He is a skate boarder and it got awkward when we were playing some 3 0n 3 on a half court and he tried to execute a max-air ollie rollover fakie grinder 720 statue howdy-marxist airbag turbo quilted blankey used to suck my thumb after losses in little league).

Come hang out at TS Muttley's this week. I'm doing another 20 minute spot on Wednesday night. Should be fun. Muttley's is in Adams Morgan on the strip. Cool bar. Hot dudes...yeah. Show is at 8:30. I need groupies.

1 comment:

Becks said...

Ah dunno, I hear Dane Cook is a pretty 'stand-up' guy.

;)

Luck with your upcoming events!