Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Rundown


The NFL Draft is Saturday. This is my favorite sports day of the year. My favorite aspect of being a sports fan, is knowledge. I love extensive knowledge of a subject. I love being the one that people ask, being the expert, and knowing more than others. No where, at any time during the course of a year, is there more knowledge readily available that during the NFL draft. A lot of people don't like me boy Mel Kiper Jr. He is one of my favorite people alive as his sole purpose is to bring knowledge to this day.

Many will criticize his over enunciation, awkward hair, arrogance and other elements of his person. I will not. I love what he does and am grateful to watch him shine on his day. For that is what the Draft is; it is Mel's Day.

The day is mirthful for many reasons. College football is wondrous as is the NFL. Those that know me well are well aware of my obsession with combining things that are good into a super item of goodness. I root for players that I liked to not go to teams that I hate. For example, I hope that the New York football Giants don't get any player that I liked as a collegian. Or, I hope the when the cowboys are in their war room, it explodes...

My favorite franchise in the world, the Washington Redskins, to my great disappointment, shirks the joy of the draft. They trade away picks as though they are diseased commodities. Sadness. Nothing better than the feeling of hope that one gets when your squadron drafts a kid you are excited about and Philly fans are somehow made sad. Note: its always better for humanity when people from Philly are upset. They are the anchor that keeps us from spinning out of control into the stratosphere. I cannot imagine what would happen to the world if they were happy as a result from one of their despicable sports teams winning a championship (hasn't happened since '83 thanks). There is one thing people need to understand about Super Bowl Trophies: They are hard to get. Just ask the philadelphia/southern new jersey eagles, who have 0. Currently smiling...

Got some great comments about yesterday's blog. Hopefully, if anything, some thoughtful conversation can come of it. If I bomb at Dremos one more time, I'm going to go up the time after that and not talk. I might make signs that tell everyone what I'm doing...

1 comment:

Rob Maher said...

Mel Kiper is God and the NFL Draft is one of the best days of the year. You are a genius for recognizing this Danny.