Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Worst Blog Ever

Sorry for the lateness. Zero humor today. Show in Richmond with Jon Mumma, Rory Scovel, and Odyssey Michaels was a lot of fun last night. I cannot wait for the days when my comedy boys and I get in a bus and drive around the county doing comedy and chicks throw their underpants...at rock stars because comics don't get that kind of love.

DC Comedyfest is this weekend. Its really going to be amazing. So many great acts from around the country are going to be here. I'm pumped, amped, and also stoked. Check out www.dccomedyfest.com for details. If you don't, you are not cool.

I have to NBA fantasy basketball teams. We are now in the playoffs. In league #1 I am in first place. After a flat out dominant regular season. I received a first round bye and begin the drive for the title tonight against an upstart 6th place team that has a lot of grit...

In league #2, I finished in 2nd place and also received a first round bye. Also in this league are fellow comics Ryan Conner and Steve Drumm. It should be noted, that these were the only two teams not to make the playoffs. Ryan, who has made fun of me in the past, went with the awesome draft/player acquisition strategy of having only Chicago Bulls on his team. Note: the old Bulls of my youth with Jordan, Pippen, etc were awesome. I rooted for them because I knew I was watching the greatest athlete of all time. The new Bulls, make me want to eat poison and die at a high school reunion. They are the most annoying team in the league by so far its not even close.

I begin my drive for the title against my boy Jon tonight. Jon's team makes tons of 3s he is bolstered in his other categories with deplorable role players like: Nenad Kristic and Darko Milicic. I have no one like this on my squad. Should I win? Absolutely. Will I win? That's why you play the games...

1 comment:

CRaye said...

But fantasy baseball "enthusiasts" (<--derogatory? Yes. Attempt to not offend just in case you're one? Yes.) have got to be worse. How can I compete when folks are drafting Double A chips knowing they'll hit 15 doubles in September?

Thanks for hosting GW DC's Funniest by the way. You took a hit for us newbies and got the crowd to at least stop talking. By the time it got to me, most had quieted down or choked on their Wendy's Chicken Strips. Either way, things were better.
This comment belongs in a prior post because I think all blog comments should be topical. But, perhaps I'm just providing an example of what not to do. When you become an adjunct at GW, teaching about blogs, feel free to use this as an example.

-- Curtis