Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

What?

I was walking to get coffee just now and I saw a tow-truck guy (the male equivalent of a meter maid in my opinion) towing a car that was parked in a spot reserved for health club yuppies. He got the car up on the ramp but still couldn't move it. He goes into his truck, breaks out this device, walks back over to the car, uses the device to break into the car, puts it in neutral and takes off the parking break, and then he drives away with this smug look on his face that made me want to shoot out his tires with a blow dart and it also made me wish I had the ability to shoot blow darts.

What distresses me is that there is some device out there that lets people break into your car in under 8 seconds. That's all it took. Are these things only available to tow truck drivers? Do you have to present your 'I'm a vindictive, trashy, prick that thought high school was too hard so I pick on people that have better things to do than to follow me to the car lockup and wait for hours while their car is processed but you can avoid all that if you give me cash on the spot' ID?

As a point of clarification, I don't mean the kind of tow truck guys who help you when your car breaks down as they are doing a public service. I am referring to the moronic sh*t stains that patrol parking lots and take their jobs way too seriously. I don't know how you could sleep at night knowing that your very function in life makes people miserable. That would seem like a heavy burden to bear but these guys don't have any problems because their truck has a hemi and tons of towing capacity.

Does this piss anyone else off? Parking lots force people to either buy things from the establishment that owns the lot, get towed and want to murder infant animals, or move to a pay parking area that gauges for leaving your car in one place for more than an hour. This is one thing I have always believed in: parking should always be free. I got towed once from a McDonald's lot when I went to go see a movie. I used to go that McDonald's all the time. I will never go again. Was that worth it? Lose a lifetime of business so that you'd have 59 free spots instead of 58 and yes I f*cking counted.

Call me crazy, but I would want to encourage as many people as possible to come into my area if I were a business owner. I would want to make it as easy as possible for people to come to my place of business. I would be pissed if I found out that I was losing customers because some tow nazi got giddy and broke into a car of a paying customer and hauled his car off.

No comments: