Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Monday, November 27, 2006

My Attic? It's At The Top Of My House Near My Roof...

That was a line from the Jerky Boys. If you don't know, ask.

As you've probably heard, Justin Schlegel and I traveled to Columbus, OH this past week for an audition at the Funny Bone Comedy Club. Justin and I both did really well and I am super proud of how we handled ourselves. It is pretty cool to perform well when something is on the line. Everything that we can control, we did well.

Here is the one tale:

There were several comics on the bill. A host, a guest, 3 comics auditioning, and a headliner. The headliner was a dude from Last Comic Standing named Sean Kent. He got off on the wrong foot with the crowd and then amputated his foot and tried to feed it to himself. I have never seen anything so painful in my entire life. There were a few guys who had been talking throughout Justin's and my sets. They were annoying but weren't the worst I've ever seen. This dude acted like he had never been heckled before. He kept going back to them. Finally, he called out security for not taking them out. I was standing next to the security guard who goes:

'Well quit talking to them motherf*cker and I could take them out. You on you're own...'

It was painful. Beyond painful into something else entirely. Super awkward.

Everytime you thought it was over, even when they weren't saying anything, he would come back to them and get them started again. Quite honestly, it was one of the worst displays I have ever seen. Beyond that, the dude wasn't really very impressive to me as a comic which once again proves my theory that Last Comic Standing is a load of bullcrap.

If you go to Maryland, come to the show tonight. TICKLE b*tches...

No comments: