Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Being Joyous and Then Ruining It


Remember that time that the Redskins won and it meant that they are going to the playoffs and it means that the dallas cowboys were eliminated? Oh, that's this year. As the boos reigned down from the philadelphia fans I remembered why I love football so much. The skins have won 5 straight games and are playing with house money going into the playoffs. They have to go on the road and play a good team but it really doesn't matter at this point because we are one of the big boys again. We are relevant and its been so long since we could say that. Many wonderful things have been written. I would suggest going to the following articles for free mirth...






My favorite sports writer Thomas Boswell: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/01/AR2006010101041.html

Another favorite Tony Kornheiser: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/02/AR2006010201389.html

A non-favorite but still a great article from Sally Jenkins: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/02/AR2006010200168.html

The greatest aspect of all of this is that the owner of the dallas cowboys, jerry jones, was watching the Redskins play on Sunday. Only a Redskins loss would keep his dallas team alive. As the game was tight in the 4th quarter, he was still hopeful but that was all destroyed when Sean Taylor returned a fumble for a touchdown. Please keep in mind jerry jones is the worst person alive. He is more machine now than man...After numerous plastic surgeries, he looks like an alien had congress with a store mannequin and gave birth to lil jerry. My buddy is a bartender at a trendy dallas spot and informed me that jones comes in there all the time with several younger and also plastic looking chicks, goes back into one of the offices and does blow like Tony Montana in Scarface. Worst dude alive.

Needless to say, my last couple of days were filled with mirth. '06 has been tight so far. I really f*cked that up last night. My buddy Quinn and I decided to watch 'the Excorcism of Emily Rose'. Absolutely terrifying to the point that every time I closed my eyes last night I opened them in a panic. I walked around my apartment several times in the middle of the night and turned on all the lights and checked all the closets. The worst part was that the weather outside was just like in the movie and no one was around when I got home. I am still on edge this morning. I thought that when the elevator opened, I would step into an apocalyptic world of gray where demons roam freely about and terrorize those that are unfortunate enough to be stuck in this living hell...or 'philly' as its known in the common tongue. I tell people that I like horror movies. You know what? I don't. That movie really got to me. I'm listening to people talk and I can kind of hear the soundtrack to the movie when Emily is losing her mind and am counting the seconds until somebody's face starts to melt or pictures start to bleed or a demon shadow appears before me just to let me know he cant take me anytime he wants.

I'll tell you what really does it. When at the beginning of the movie they go: "This is a true story". Even if it isn't true, its still really scary. You know what else is scary? When a nice girl starts speaking in aramaic and informs a priest doing her exorcism that she is actually inhabited by 6 different demons and then in a different voice not her own for each one names them and snakes fall from the ceiling and then everything goes black and all you can see are eyes. Awesome. Can't wait to try and relax and go to sleep. For those of you that have seen the movie, if I happen to wake up in the middle of the night and my clock says 3:00 AM, I will make wherever I am a bathroom.

No comments: