Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

F It...I'm In

I have filled out 9 brackets today and I'm going to do some more. I swore this off a few years ago because I know too much. What do I mean? I'll tell you, but only you. I'm obviously a huge sports fan. I know as much or more than and non-professional sports analyst. I watch dozens of games every year (even the late night ESPN 2 games just so I'll know that Nevada doesn't play well when Kemp isn't creating space and shots for their best player Fazekas, or that Derrick Biars moves really well without the ball and when he's hitting shots, Vanderbilt can beat anybody, or even that Bryce Taylor of Oregon is this year's Brandon Roy and no one is talking about him.).

I know a lot. The problem is, I out-think everything. I can convince myself of anything. If I read an article that has a similar conclusion that I do, I'll be convinced. Example: I don't have Ohio State winning the title on any bracket. Here's what it takes for them to fall: Oden gets into foul trouble, the other guys who have been deferring since he came back, force stuff, they don't shoot that well anyway, teams are always in the game against them. Suddenly, like Purdue almost did, with 5 minutes left it's a close game and anything can happen. Now, watch OSU dominate this tourney and Oden decide that he's ready to start dominating games instead of being passive because he's pissed about all the Kevin Durant hype.

Now, as to why I don't usually fill out the brackets. If you don't know what those last two paragraphs were about, you're the reason I quit. It's people like you that ALWAYS win the tourney pools. It's never guys like me. It's that idiot who goes: 'Oh my gosh, I went to George Mason! I'm going to pick them to beat Connecticut.' That's who wins. It's not the guy who emails Ryan Conner before the tourney starts and goes: "I don't know how they get past round 1 without Campbell (who was serving a 1 game suspension for a cheap shot). They need him." See what I mean?

Anyway, here's the review. Take it or leave it.

Best players in the country:

Kevin Durant Texas, Greg Oden OSU, Acie Law IV Texas A+M, Alondo Tucker Wisconsin.

The next 10 best players in the country play for Kansas, Florida and UNC.

Most talented teams in the country: Kansas, Florida, UNC

Next level down teams that could win if things go right or exit early if they don't: UCLA, Pittsburgh, Memphis, Georgetown

Teams that are vastly over-rated and should be picked to lose early (which means maybe you should pick them to win? See? How annoying is this?):

Virginia (sorry babes) they are seeded way too high, Washington State (now would be a good time to mention that I hate the Pac 10 and I hate this team. Keep that in mind. Their last game they looked helpless against a USC team that I think stinks), USC (see WSU), Southern Illinois (favorable bracket puts them in the round of 16 because of....) Virginia Tech (way too high for them. To me, you should know what you are getting with a 5 seed. We have no idea which team shows up for Tech. As a side, f V Tech always).

Teams that were seeded too low that will be EXTREMELY interesting for a couple games:
UNLV (I like them. The more I read the more I like them. They could also come out flat and have Crittenden score 30. I want UNLV to be good because they were good when I was a child. best college team ever. They start 4 guards. 4 guards! F convention. 'Wink Adams' might be the quickest player in America), Gonzaga (I know I Know. They're played out as a 'cinderella' and they are the original gangster of 'Mid-Major teams' but I'm telling you this, I would not want to play them period. They are well coached, can shoot it, and have some nice pieces. I think they cruised for a while b/c they were unsure how to deal with the Goliath role out west. Now, they are right. Dangerous team.)

That's it. So my champ is......

Kansas, Texas, UCLA, Florida, Texas A & M, UNC...but not OSU.

No comments: