Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Accidents

I almost got into an accident this morning. I was going up a hill and was having trouble because it hadn't been plowed. A huge truck (which may have been salting/sanding) is coming down the hill at me and A) doesn't look like it can stop and B) there is not enough room for both of us on the road. I swerved over to the side and ended up stuck in an 'icy crevasse'. It took me 40 minutes to walk back to my house, round up some neighbors, come back to the car, push it onto the road, reverse back down the hill, get lectured by my mother about how to go over hills in the snow, thank everyone, and get on my way to work. My new goal in life is to be important enough so that when I utter the phrase: 'working from home' people don't burst out laughing assuming that means sleeping until noon followed by 4 hours of Madden.

Speaking of Madden, I won my 4th straight Super Bowl in Franchise Mode last night. Really tough game against a well coached Tennessee team. They knew that my defensive weakness is stopping jumbo offensive sets with multiple tight ends because it negates my edge rushers who set records for sacks this year. Going into the off-season, everything looked good. Well it wasn't. Shawn Springs, after dropping 2 full rating points upon turning 34, decided to hold out. Come on Shawn. Springs is a DC guy who I was going to keep through the end of the huge extension I signed him to. He was at least slated to stick around and mentor his replacement (a kid I drafted out of UCLA that was dynamite in the preseason) but this is how he wants to go out? He wouldn't budge and I couldn't afford to up his deal so I had to trade him and take a huge cap hit. Hope you're happy on a last place team now big guy.

If any of you have gotten this far, I am sorry. To make it up to you, here is a site that I have had more fun on over the past week than any other site in history except for the one site that I can't find anymore where the fat kid pretends to be a jedi and almost falls over a dozen times while swinging a pole around... http://www.4q.cc/t/

Go to it, make up facts, judge others, observe the top facts, chill, and serve.

No comments: