Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Monday, December 05, 2005

New York Welcomes Funny Danny

I rolled up to NYC this weekend for an annual holiday festivus of debauchery known as the Boondoggle. This party is always wondrous. 2 years ago, I threw up in a trash can. Tight.

I will post a few photos on the blog once I download them and there will be some pics on my site as well.

The party featured a 'top shelf open bar'. This is one of the things in my life that I pretend to be excited about as it sounds great but I really have no idea what this means. I understand the concept of the best booze being included but I have no idea what to get as I drink beer when I go to bars. I don't know the names of all the brands that are considered to be high level. I do know that Captain Morgan's cannot be good because I hate the commercials.

I took an informal poll as to what I should consume at this party. My boy Ben, who is a polished urban gentleman with strong metrosexual tendencies, recommended a 'Grey Goose and soda'. I tried one, decided I liked it, then had 50 of them. I was in the invincible drunk stage for the entire night. Amazing. I was terribly hungover in the morning but it dissipated rapidly as the day progressed. Perhaps this was due to the good booze? I will never know because there is no way I can afford to drink that stuff again.

There was much humor at this gathering. I would ask various people (only girls as I have no reason to talk to strange dudes with the exception of needing to disarm a dude that might be protecting a girl) if they would like to be in a photo for my website. All seemed very enthusiastic about doing this so many photos were taken. Many would ask what website and I would reply: "I can't tell you that".

It is not known how I got back to my buddy's apartment. When he returned, he found me snoring on the couch with the door to his apartment ajar and all the pizza in a 3 block radius eaten. Cannot tell you how I got there. I do know that I walked around in the snow as my coat and shoes were damp in the morning. Invincible.

No comments: