Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Parties and Etiquette When You Don't Want to See Someone

2nd time this has happened where I have constructed a brilliant blog and it has not been posted. Frustrated like a dizzy blind man...

Here's the basic jist (is there ever a complicated jist? seems to me that's redundant):

I'm going to a couple of huge holiday parties this weekend due to my popularity. At one of these functions, the person that has quickly become my nemesis will be in attendance. Nemsis is the negative to my positive, the unholy to my holy, the person that I would least like to see when I leave the house and I'm sure nemesis feels the same. If you are reading and you think it might be you, fear not as nemesis would never view this space.

So, what does one do?

A) do not attend the party where you know nemesis will be. -Unnacceptable because nemesis wins

B) Attend the party and actively ignore nemesis. -Also unacceptable because it still shows that nemesis has an impact and one must expend loads of energy and effort for a minimal return which leads to another nemesis victory.

C) Attend the party, greet nemesis, exchange forced pleasantries and move on. Many would choose this option. One might be wary of the fact that one might die inside at such an interaction denying one's natural tendency to punch nemesis in the nose and shout obsceneties until one gets kicked out of the party and then goes to nemesis' house and lights a bag of dog poo on fire and watches nemesis stamp it out. To quote my friend Ryan: 'Its not that I hate you, its that I hate the fact that you exist'.

What should one do? I am hoping for the scene from Back to the Future where I trip nemesis and nemesis falls, gets up and gets in my face. I go: "nemesis, what the hell is that?" Then I punch nemesis in the face and throw a could shoulder into nemesis' boys (who are all f*cking terrible by the way) and run out of the place. I steal a kid's skateboard and ride around the area holding onto a car. All onlookers immediately suspend disbelief. Nemesis quickly rallies, chases me, and I elude the pursuers and they all end up in manure. Then I go back into the bar to thunderous applause and go behind the bar and re-enact the scene from Cocktails with Rory where we do poetry about booze and everyone loves it and then 'Highway to the Danger Zone' starts playing as I win the All Valley karate Tournament beating Johnny Lawrence of the Cobra Kai and I leave to go to St. Elmo's Fire's Breakfast Club's All the Right Moves' house.

No comments: