Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Moving Sucks

I am moving into a new place in Glover Park which is good. The act of moving though, is like being punched at a high school party in front of a chick that you are trying to impress and then she hooks up with a senior because she is a social climbing slut.

The chicks that had the apartment before me didn't get along. One told the other she was moving out 1 week before the date. Awkward. The apartment is a complete mess. It looks like they were playing roller dirby around the rooms as there are skid marks on the walls. The rest of the place is filthy as well. This is not the worst of it. The one girl left her bed and giant, home-made wooden bed frame. I was really clear that I had no interest in these items being there but there they are. I called to ask what the deal was and finally talked to this girl's mom who starts into: "well, my daughter has final exams and she has just gotten sick and she's also got this art show coming up..." Basically, giving me this 'woe is me' routine as to why they can't deal with this egregious act of laziness.

Not my problem lady. Hey it sucks, but you know what else sucks? Me having to clean up the mess your irresponsible daughter made in the apartment when she was probably to busy getting mowed by a grad student to break out a f*cking vacuum. Excuses are like a$$holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

My roommate and I are going to pressure the property manager to use the girl's security deposit to hire a cleaning crew to deal with the mess they made. I cannot imagine a dude trying to pull this BS. This girl is trying to get away with the 'damsel in distress' act and its infuriating. Feminists, you want gender equity? Then make this helpless girl and all the rest like her out there run through a gauntlet of wooden paddles until they can learn some f*cking responsibility. I'll still hold the door open because I'm polite and I'll pay for dinner because I asked you out but I'm into treating people like equals. If you don't want to be treated like a barefoot, kitchen attendant that's waiting to have kids, take care of your business.

No comments: