Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Monday, October 30, 2006

I'm One of the Best...

Apologies for my recent brevity. I blame you, the casual reader. Figure out that riddle and you shall have peace.

I spent a good amount of time last week in Lancaster, PA for the Mid-Atlantic Conference for NACA or (money stealing consortium of death and circus sideshows). I ended up having a blast. Nothing major to report, I just hope I get a couple shows from it.

A couple observations:

-Lancaster is supposed to be Amish country. There is an outlet mall there and I bought a pair of pants and some shoes (without trying them on. I know my size). Not really that Amish.

-At the hotel shabingus where the conference was located, there was a horrendous smell that wafted anytime you were outside. The following is what the smell is composed of:

1 part horse poop
1 part stale hey
1 part refinery and processed smoke
1 part natural body oders of the region
1 part a lack of knowledge of the outside world

Serve.

I got a haircut today. I heard the following words from a man:

Man: "Yup, we're #1 in the world...uh huh, my firm is #1 in the world. We are the best in the world."

"Muddled response" by hair cuttery employee...

Man: "Yes, Real Estate. That's the game and we're the champs. #1 in the world..."

Muddled Response...

Man: "We sure are. I'm your man. I can get you in anywhere. We're #1 and I'm one of the best...just a little off the sides and back...thanks hon...yeah, I've been in the game 10 years now. I'll tell you this much, ain't met the man that's outsold me yet."

Muddled question...

Man: "Tell you what, look me up on our website."

Muddled question...

Man: 'Yeah, Website..."

Muddled Question...

Man: "WEB-SITE! In-TER-NET! Yeah...You look us up and we'll get you sorted out."

Muddled muddling...

Man: "Well, I don't know who else could do it; you let me know and I'll take care of you. Do a good job and we'll make sure you get a deal...hahahha...Yeah, I'll take care of you...sure."

Muddled Silence...and some confusion but muddled...

Man: "Yup, #1...OK great thanks."

He paid and left. I was amazed. No comments on this. I'll let you do it for yourselves. I just didn't think that people like this existed in life. I thought they were just movie characters...wow.

No comments: