Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Rando Calrissian

Random Musings today...after I mention again that I am at Rascals this weekend in Baltimore. Thursday at 8, Friday at 8:30 and 10:30, and Saturday at 8 and 10. Headliner is William Troxler.

-Doing a show next Tuesday with Rob Maher at a place in Sterling. Sterling is far. Like pack provisions far. That is what I would do for Rob Maher.

-The lineup for the new version of york yankees is among the greatest ever assembled. It is just stupid that this is allowed to happen.

-I would rather be super fast than super strong. I think you could help more people.

-Does anyone collect baseball cards anymore? If so, why?

-My boy Jon is now on gchat. Positive change for humanity.

-It is funny that we like hair when it is on our heads but get grossed out when singular hairs are found around the place.

-Everything bagels are easily the most superior variety of bagel. The other kinds are all vying for a consolation prize.

-I am playing golf next Monday. I am terrible at golf. I have not played in many moons and will be atrocious. I am playing in a 4-some and will drag the team down. Part of me enjoys this.

-I am an avid fantasy sports player. An annoying aspect of fantasy sports is when one team has superior players at every position and loses a week. This happened to me this past week. Rundown of my lineup:

QBs Hasselback and Kitna
RBS Edge, Rudi Johnson, and Laurence Maroney
WRs Larry Fitzgerald and Antonio Bryant
TE Kellen Winslow
D Jaguars

That lineup, in a 12 team league should not lose. This week, add in Marvin Harrison and sub out Bryant. I pulled off a trade to make that go. But this past week, somehow, I not only lost, but I got blown out. Weird.

-Being sweaty in work clothes is on of the worst things ever. It is just behind self-righteous people that don't care if they are ruining the fun.

- At one point in my life, I was able to go to school all day, play sports for 3-4 hours, eat whatever I felt like, do homework and squeeze in at least 1.5 hours of playstation a night. Now? I am debating whether or not to go play softball after work because I had a big lunch and am no tired.

- PS3 in 3 weeks

-Why is it so hard to find a place that makes smoothies? This is the era of the smoothie and I have been craving them lately and I cannot find one anywhere. Move this into the top 10 reasons why not living the city stinks.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you were super fast, you could also run away from super strong people. :p

Anonymous said...

Superior talent?? Hardly at all Danny...when did you draft in this 12-team league? 12th? This team is average at best.

QBs Hasselback and Kitna

Analysis: Hasselback is nothing without Alexander (currently hurt) and Alexander is nothing without Hutchinson (new team). Kitna is a decent QB who had a great season with a stacked Bengals team THREE years ago, has played sparingly since...and now he is with the Lions. A team that has won 2, 3, 5, 6, 5 games in the last five years.

RBS Edge, Rudi Johnson, and Laurence Maroney

Analysis: Rudi is a stud, but Edge is toast the rest of this season. No O-Line + Leinart the rest of the way...have fun with a season of 21-79-0 weekly from Edge. Maroney is a platoon back with potential and was great at UMinn, but they still have C. Dillon. Until he is named starter, he should be your 3rd back or flex player (if he is, then he is okay)

WRs Larry Fitzgerald and Antonio Bryant

Analysis: See above for Fitzgerald. I have him too...and he will be sitting for Andre Johnson until things settle in the desert. This pick is not your fault, but just b/c he once had great stats, does not mean they will continue...unless he learns to throw himself the ball. Bryant is a headcase back to his Pitt days (and then Dal and Cle). He has topped 1,000 yards once (1,009) and has never had more than 6 TDs in a season - Rookie season). The fact that someone in your league traded Marvin Harrison for him is an embarrasment to men everywhere as well as yourself for playing in a league that allowed this owner in. Any true fantasy stud would not be associating with a retard like that.

TE Kellen Winslow

Analysis: HE HASN'T PLAYED FOOTBALL IN TWO YEARS!!! While he is probably the #2 TE after the first 4 games, I don't see him keeping this up. It is only a matter of time before he pulls a Haynesworth-type move.

D Jaguars

Analysis: No complaints here...solid D...Top 10...maybe Top 5

Should I even ask who your kicker is?

Are your sure Tim McCarver didn't write this part of your blog, b/c your assertion that this is a superior team is just awful!

FunnyDanny said...

I traded Frank Gore and Bryant for Harrison. I also don't know how many 12-team leagues you are in but that squad is stacked for a deep league. Also, hasselback had 5 tds the week before he played the best D in the NFL and the fact that they have 4 good receivers and a hurt SA means he is going to throw.

Both Qbs are around #10 overall in fantasy, both RBs are 10 top with my flex probably about #20, my receivers are both top 10, maybe top 5 (although your leinart comments are on point), and my D is top 5. For a 12 team league, that is stacked. Impossible to argue against this.

Manning, Palmer, Mcnabb, Manning 2, and Brady before Hasselback. That's it. Kitna is in a group with Bulger, Pennington etc. His #s will be decent so you can put him at 15 if you want but more than serviceable for a 10th rounder when my strengths are clearly elsewhere.

No argument re Winslow but I do take issue with the rest of your assessment.

Me/you, a game of table tennis at dawn.