Welcome Internet.com Traveler

Below you will find the following elements: mirth, joy, humor, mockery, insinuation, sport, politics, comedy, rants, awkwardness, opinions, communacable disease, self-promotion, and lingo. Enjoy.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Waking Ned Divine's

A few scattered thoughts from my excursion to Sterling last night:

-Ned Divine's is an incredible place. Spacious, nice looking, and a cool staff with hot waitri (plural for waitress)

-Rob Maher is sweet like a caramel apple. He put the shabingus together and had a great bill for night 1.

-I made Justin Shlegel do a joke that he hasn't done in ages. There is a reason he hasn't done it in ages. I don't care. I still love it and want to hug it...the joke.

-I know this is not original, but I hate traffic. A lot. Wow do I hate it. The opposite of what I like. I just don't have the patience. I need to move if I am in my car. My standard move is to not wait it out and continue to take alternative routes with each chose being poorer than the last one. I cannot break myself of this.

-I had egg salad today for lunch. Dangerous gamble for a minimal return.

-Follow me on this one: My special lady friend had adult beverages last night with a special lady friend of my very good friend. The two discussed how 'cute' their respective men were in terms of the nice things they do + odd/quirky behaviors. The last thing I want to do is to take reprehensible actions and be mocked by my boys as I have so rightly mocked others in the past. And yet, I am now clearly competing with my boy for a prize that I don't really want but feel compelled to win because I am extremely competitive. The end result? I bought her something today. I should not be let out of the house unsupervised...seriously

-Some random rumblings about the Transformers movie to be released on July 4, 2007. Transformers = my childhood. Nothing better captures the spirit of my youth than the Transformers. I love them so much and no job, responsibility, obligation, rule or any other element of being a grownup will keep me away from that theater to recapture my youth. I don't care if the movie sucks. I could literally watch each transformer, in turn, transform from robot to vehicle and back for 5 minutes each for 2 hours and leave feeling completely fulfilled. In my humble opinion, people who do not think Transformers were awesome are joyless people-shells without souls...that might have been a bit aggressive.

-Joe Robinson's crowd work is literally a poetic act...

-Go see my boy Kojo Mante opening for Daniel Tosh this week. Tosh is one of my favorite comics working today and is one of the greatest joke writers ever. No exaggeration. He is a being made of thought and concept.

-I am finding more uses for the word 'shabingus' and it is going well.

Bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Score:

Special Lady Friend's Friend's Special Friend: 0

Danny: 1,000,000

Damn, the cute bear for no reason at all (it came at lunch today) gets major excellent boyfriend points. You are a keeper!